I've spent months building up a stack of items all ready for 7 Christmas craft fairs. In previous years I've spread my Craft Fairs out across the year but I've found that Christmas is really the time to focus on, consequently I've now got about 3 minutes of spare time left in my schedule from now until Christmas day (33 sleeps to go!!!) The first 3 fairs are this weekend - yes I'm double booked but my wonderful Mumsy has agreed to help me out.
I've started my first foray into the world of teaching craft, I've now completed 6 weeks of knitting classes and I'm proud to say that thanks to me there are now 3 new knitters in the world. I'm now running 6 weeks of crochet lessons and have 6 eager students to nurture, I was so proud to see the flowers they created this week, teaching something you love is so satisfying! Photos to follow.
So all in all it's a bit early to tell how profitable this year has been, hopefully the crowds will flood to my craft stall and it will be a roaring success but you never can tell with craft fairs. My passion for craft doesn't come from the desire for profit however, rather from the joy of creating and so this year can only be considered a success as I've not only expanded my creative repertoire but also passed on my knowledge to others.
No comments:
Post a Comment