Rock Cakes
I just felt like making rock cakes this evening as I haven't had them in a while. They're something both my Mum and Grandma used to make when I was little so they always taste all yummy and homely to me. Here's my recipe if you fancy giving them a go:
Ingredients:
125g wholemeal self-raising flour
100g white self-raising flour
If you don’t have any wholemeal self-raising flour you can
use all plain, I just find that using some wholemeal flour tastes better (and
is a tad healthier)
Pinch of salt
100g unsalted butter or margarine
100g of dried mixed fruit – you can use a pre mixed bag or
mix up to your own taste, I find dates are particularly good.
25g castor sugar
25g light brown sugar
1 medium egg
Small amount of egg to mix
Method:
1.
Pre-heat oven to 200°c
2.
Mix flour and salt, rub in margarine
3.
Stir in dried fruit
4.
Mix in egg
5.
Gradually add a small amount of milk at a time
and mix until you have a stiff dough,.
6.
Divide into approximately 15 portions on a
greased baking tin
7.
Bake for 10-15 minutes

No comments:
Post a Comment