Today I’m seriously considering what is the earliest time
that it is reasonable to go to bed…. 6.30 pm is sounding rather appealing. I think the Buserelin I’ve been injecting for
the last 9 days has started to take effect.
To be fair when you read the long list of side effects tiredness and
drowsiness are not the worst so I’m genuinely thankful I’m not feeling worse.
However I still had a mini meltdown this afternoon feeling rather sorry for
myself that I have to go through all this to get something that happens for
most people naturally.
The side effect I was expecting to experience most was mood
swings, I was expecting extreme PMT type effects. Thankfully I can’t say that I’ve really noticed
anything like that (I don’t think my husband would disagree), I’ve felt reasonably
balanced which I’m very thankful for as it’s horrible to feel out of control of
your emotions. That said it does seem
that as time goes on the effects are building so who knows what’s to come.
There are 3 effects that I am noticing however…
I’m extremely tired. I only did 4 hours of an office day
this morning and all I’ve done all afternoon is sit on the sofa feeling
exhausted, I look like I’ve got 2 black eyes and I really feel very uninspired
to do anything. I’ve even watched two
hours of TV without doing any knitting or crochet at the same time and I hardly
ever (and I’m not exaggerating) watch TV without having something else to do at
the same time. I’m not looking forward
to the prospect of another 12 ½ hour shift tomorrow… zzzz
The other effect I seem to have noticed is concentration
disturbances. I feel just a bit slower
and less sharp than usual, still safe to go to work at the moment but I just
feel like I have to concentrate extra hard on everything to get it into my
brain properly!
Sleep disturbances is an interesting side effect ; I’ve
certainly experienced this to some extent but I’m sure it’s always difficult to
tell whether the sleep disturbances are due to the drugs or due to being
anxious and torturing yourself wondering ‘will it work,’ ‘won’t it work,’ ‘maybe
it will actually work,’ ‘there’s no way it’s going to work. So my sleep has definitely been disturbed but
whether that constitutes a side effect of the drug or whether it’s an
inevitable consequence of my circumstances I’m not sure.
Now back to mooching on the sofa…
No comments:
Post a Comment