Growing up pancakes were always a favourite for my sister and I and they're still my go to treat. This super simple banana pancake recipe makes yummy, 'American style' fluffy pancakes which means they're easier for little ones to pick up and the natural sweetness from the banana means they're lovely with just yogurt or some extra fruit (though I must confess I drizzle a little maple syrup on mine but I'm trying to avoid passing on the sweet tooth that I battle to my daughter). We actually gave these pancakes to our little one for her first meal with some pear and blueberry yogurt, not sure much went in but it was interesting for her to play with as a first food!
It's not my own original recipe but unfortunately I can't credit it to anyone as it's just one of those I've picked up as it's been handed on from person to person.
Ingredients
Makes enough for 2 adults and one child
100g Self raising flour
100mls milk
1 egg
1 ripe banana (the riper the better, it's a great way of using up bananas that are over ripe)
Vegetable oil or butter for frying.
100mls milk
1 egg
1 ripe banana (the riper the better, it's a great way of using up bananas that are over ripe)
Vegetable oil or butter for frying.
Method
. Place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until mixture is smooth. My food processor is broken at the moment so I've discovered it is possible to make these without one if the banana is nice and ripe, simply mash it well then whisk vigorously with the other ingredients.
. Heat the oil or butter in a frying pan on a medium high heat. Once the pan is hot drop in the mixture in blobs approximately 2 tablespoons per pancake, though you can make them smaller or larger as you wish.
. Fry on the first side for aproximately 2 minutes until golden brown, flip with a spatula and fry for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
. Serve with yogurt and fruit or whatever you fancy, simple! Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment