Tuesday, 28 January 2014

100 Happy Days - Day 6 - A new board game with my hubby.

I feel rather blessed that there's not much good on TV at the moment because it becomes easier to turn off the box and do something else.  So last night Matt and I thought we'd try out a new board game I was given for my birthday, and of course I had to have a little drink to accompany it.

Top tip: Buy some lemons and limes, chop them up and put them in a bag in the freezer then you always have a slice ready for your chosen tipple








This is just a little photo to demonstrate why I always split the snacks up into separate bowls otherwise I get left with nothing! Mine is obviously the bottom bowl! We hadn't evern started the game yet!




So the new game we were playing is called Zombies.  It's designed for 2-6 players which is great as a lot of board games can't be played with 2 people meaning you can't play unless you have other people round. You gradually build up the board by laying tiles and make your way round battling zombies, the first person to collect 25 zombies or escape via the helipad wins.  I love games where the board is made up of tiles meaning it's different every time.   This game is definitely worth giving a go if you're looking to branch out from the traditional games such as Monopoly (not that I don't love a game of Monopoly). 
 

If you're thinking "Board games, yuck!" you might find this blog post interesting http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-board-games-that-ruined-it-everyone/  I don't entirely agree with it because as I said I still love some of the traditional board games such as Monopoly but there are some great alternatives out there is you find yourself in need of a change.

 






 Guess who won...





A view of the board.
 









No comments:

Post a Comment