Tuesday, 28 January 2014

100 Happy Days - Day 7 - Running, Crochet and Chocolate Orange.

Today was a lovely last day off before a busy run of shifts over the next 10 days (broken up by a day off on Saturday too visit my new puppy, eek, so excited).   

I managed to drag myself out for a 4.5 mile run this afternoon.  I've been trying to push myself lately to get back into exercising regularly having not done so much over the last couple of years for one reason or another.

For Christmas my husband brought me a GPS triathlon watch (triathlons are what I do inbetween the knitting, crochet, sewing, craft fairs and a full time nursing job).  It's really been pushing me to get out and do more exercise though I've only used the running function so far it also acts as a cycle computer and can be used for outdoor swimming (when it's a little warmer).  I'll try and write a proper review of the watch once I've used some more functions but so far, so good.  (Sorry for the horrible picture of my hand, I blame the never ending hand washing in the day job for the state of my hands).


My little reward for going for a run (I didn't eat the whole thing, though if I'd run 12 miles I could have run off enough energy to eat it all and still be in negative calories, not that I'd recommend that as a healthy life choice). 
 


Of course any happy day should include some crochet.  I'm loving this bobble blanket pattern at the moment.  The pattern can be found here, note it uses American crochet terms. I've used a king cole value double knit yarn which comes in gorgeous colours and is available here,  and a 4mm crochet hook.  I'm making it to my usual baby blanket size 70cm by 90cm. I'm completely in love with these colours!


No comments:

Post a Comment